SB-2 or 3 vs. SCW-2 or 3 for small HT

Fried Elliott

Okay, late last night I saw we have a little forum for posting pictures of our setups. More fuel for the fire!

I have been considering a pair of SB-2 or SB-3 as the mains in my new HT. I am building a cabinet for the whole setup and that got me to thinking it might be way cool to use a pair of SCW-2 or SCW-3 instead.

Setting aside the price and convenience issues, and considering only the sound quality, does anyone have any experience with this tradeoff? Which of these four options (i.e., SB-2, SB-3, SCW-2, SCW-3) would you choose for small HT and occasional audio? My untrained, uneducated, NHAOT (never-heard-any-of-them) guess would rank the options as:

(1) SB-3, (2) SCW-3 or SB-2, (3) SCW-2.

In looking at the specs, it does not seem to be straight-up apples-to-apples when substituting an SCW-2 for an SB-2 or an SCW-3 for an SB-3. Note that Klipsch seems to imply that is the case when it comes to substituting RCWs for RBs.

Assume they will go with an SC-1 and a SCW-10 (or -12) and all are being driven by a Denon 1801 AVR I scored last nite on eBay for $280 incl S&H. Woo Hoo!

Thanks!

fried