Heritage Forte

Patches

I have Heritage Forte speakers that I purchased in 1988. I'm finally looking to upgrade my system into a surround sound system with a plasma screen, either Sony or Pioneer Elite. I would like to keep my Forte speakers and add a center speaker, sub woofer and surround speakers. Any experience and advice on what speakers to add and what receiver to upgrade to to drive them? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have. Patches

I was in the same place about 4 months ago. First, the center channel speaker is the most important addition. The top of the line match is a speaker called the Academy. Klipsch doesn't make them any more, but every once in awhile another forum member will offer one up for sale, but several other members are looking for one. The other possibility of where to find on is on ebay. That's where I got mine. Other possibility are other Klipsch Classis speakers such as the KG line. A KG 2.2 or 2.5 would work. For a center channel speaker unless you are using a project TV, you'll want to get a model with a V after it. These are sheilded. These speakers will each match your Fortes well. For the other surround speakers, additional forte, or chorus or quartets would match but be fairly large speakers. Also, again the KG line matches well. I currently use a pair of KG1.5s. But, I'm bidding on a pair of KG2s on ebay right now to upgrade.

Finally, you'll want a subwoofer. I bought an SVS subwoofer and it rocks. But, Klipsch makes excellent subwoofers also. Subwoofers don't really have to "match" nearly as much as the others. Good luck and have fun with it. I have.

Ditto to the last post.

I have Kg2.2's matching my Forte's in a Surround system, and am pretty happy with it. I would love to get an Academy Center, but the 2.2v does a pretty good job for now.

(By the way, you can pick up a 2.2v for around $100, but an Academy would set you back almost $500 for a nice one. You'll have to decide whether the additional price is worth it.

A Belle would make a great center channel speaker and would work as a TV stand as well. I've got an Outlaw 950 for the HT pre-amp and am very happy with it. Belles front left and right, two Fortes in parallel for center, La Scalas for rears and two more Fortes for the side surrounds in 7.1 config. Had to turn down the gain on the Belles and Scalas since they are more efficient than the Fortes. Great system once balanced.

I run 4 Fortes, 2-front and 2-surrounds.

I know the Academy is the speaker of choice, but are difficult to come by and lots of $$'s.

I didn't have the room for a Forte or a Quartet. So, I decided to give a KLF-C7 a try, and I couldn't be more happier with my front sound stage, with the C7 sitting between my Forte I's.

Should I ever have an Academy fall into my lap, I'd move the C7 to my rear center.