Upgrade to a Home Theater - Pls critique

Patches

I've been working with a Klipsch dealer to upgrade my "ancient" system and keeping my Heritage Fortes (we love the sound quality and clarity). Here is where I'm at given my outdated knowledge (just retired) and several visits to local shops:

Front L/R Fortes, Center RC-35, Rear 2 RS-25, with RSW-10 sub. Denon AVR-2105 receiver; DVD-2910; Pioneer PDP-504CMX 50 inch plasma. Room size is 16 X 20ft.

I would appreciate any advice or experience you might want to share before I make the "plung" for our retirement enjoyment of dvd and good music. Many thanks, JBK9.gif3.gif

JBK:

I'm in almost the EXACT same situation as you (Forte's, HT requirement, 16x19 space), and the advice that everyone seems to suggest is that some of the newer Klipsch speakers do not provide a good "timbre" match to the Forte's. Now, I've not actually heard anything myself, so I'm going by what I've been able to research and discover in this forum and others.

Did you actually hear the RC-35 with the Forte's yet? My understanding is that matching the center speaker to keep a consistent soundstage is the most important factor. Not to say that the LS & RS are not important, but simply less so than the C.

As to you additional components, I'm partial to Harman Kardon AVR's. I have an AVR 325 upstairs and plan on getting the AVR 435 for my HT setup.

Good luck; keep me posted on how things go for you as I will close behind on my acquisition of new equipment to match my Forte's.