diy rsw10 help!!!?

cpt4life

help me please!!!! i am new to this ht thing i've always been mor of a car audio guy so please excuse my ignorance. i decided to build my own powered sub and i want to model it after the rsw-10 but i am having a little trouble with the mass of the passive radiator i have the sub and radiator out of a rsw-10 but there are no weights on the radiator the klipsch tech line said that they couldnt give out that kind of info if anybody knows the mass of this radiator it would help out alot(i'm not a mathmetician and like i said i'm new to this ht thing)

no i bought a klipsch rws-10 sub and a a passive radiator off ebay and i want to build my own box but there is no weight on the back of the radiator and i need to know how much weight to add to it to get it to sound right. i figure if i use the same box deminsions and the same sub and radiator i can get the same sound for less $$ but the formula for figuring out how much weight is to complex for me to figue out

dude, your gonna have more problems than just getting the passive radiator weight right. that rsw10 sub amp has an eq on it, so a "normal" sub amp is not going to work. you'll need to eq it some way. imo, you'd be better off buying the rsw10.

a amp to power it and a eq of some sort will cost at least 400-500. then you add the wood cost and what you paid for the drivers and i see little savings if any. thats my take on it.

scp53

Unfortunately that kind of info is not readily available. You have the option of buying test equipment to determine the t/s specs yourself. Then you may proceed to building an enclosure, but you will still not have an rsw 10. The amplifier may have boost incorporated in the circuit designs to boost output at certain frequencies.

Like Paul said: " We sell quality. Even if a person bought our drivers he would not get our quality: quality control of the box (either horn or enclosure) is necessary before, during and after manufacture. Even our own hand made prototypes often do not fall properly between design limits assigned to out machine cut and jig assembled manufactured units."

" You do not get our quality control with separate parts any more than you'd get STRADIVARIUS quality control buying a string at a time!

won't some specialized audio shops measure driver specs for people?

whether you get the driver specs or not, im sure that you wont save a dime on it when its all done. if it were me, id sell what you've bought and start over. "blindly" building a box will be difficult.

go get an adire, dayton, blueprint or some other good driver maker and build sub. you'll end up with a much better product for the money.

scp53