New 2005 Klipsch F-3 compared with SF-3 from 2004

I loved the sound of the 2004 SF-3's. I bought a pair, but they arrived damaged and I had to return them. I can't seem to find them anywhere now. I saw recently that they have been replaced by the 2005 F-3's.

Is there a big difference between the two besides appearance? (I noticed that the 2005 F-3's have the port in the front and the woofers look different.)

One of the things I always liked about the Klipsch Synergy Series was that they were more mid and upper range dominant. I don't like a lot of bass. Is the new F-3 the same? I have always loved the sound of the Klipsch horns.

I guess I want to know if the speakers are similar. If they are, I'll buy the F-3's.

Please let me know. I already have a pair of SF-1's that I bought in 2001 and I love them.

Thanks!!

Robert

Welcome to the forum!!!

The new F-3 has a reputation of being better than the prior model. The Klipsch folks think that it is an improvement. My listening has been limited to BB, so I have not formed an opinion of my own due to poor listening conditions.

If there are any Reference dealers near you, you might take a look at Reference models.

Bill

Welcome to the forum,

I'd STRONGLY consider the ref products. considerably better performance for very little more money(although synergy is good for the money too). actually refs can often be cheaper than similar synergy. ref dealers will deal more than best buy will with synergy.

scp53