EAD Encore Preamp

GeorgeV

I have an opportunity to purchase a used EAD Encore preamp and I'm wondering if members on this forum can give me their thoughts on this preamp. The Encore is an older TH preamp that only does DD 5.1, DTS 5.1 and Prologic, which is fine with me. I listen to 2-channel music 75% of the time, so I am looking for a multi-channel product that will give me very good 2-channel sound. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

EAD makes absolutely FANTASTIC stuff. i have heard both the EAD encore and ovation.. as an outboard DAC/pre-amp for 2-channel, these pre/pros are fantastic. the ovation has the digital-flywheel for jitter reduction, where the encore does not. the ovation is definately better for 2-channel, but if the price is right, the encore will not dissapoint.

Nat,

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased the EAD Encore and the 2-channel sound is simply amazing. The music has better depth and clarity especially the separation between different instruments. After listening to the Encore it is a great upgrade over the ACT-3.