KG 4.2's

uncledo

Here's an oldie but goodie. In 1993 I bought a pair of KG 4.2's and I have to say of the speakers I've owned since, I love these guys. I'm setting them up in a listening room for those times that I want to really enjoy them. My dilemma is that I need to pair a good receiver/CD player with them and frankly I'm at a loss. I'm not sure I trust any of the dealers around my new town as most of the employees were 12 when I bought these speakers and wouldn't have the faintest idea what I'm talking about. I hope there is someone around who still uses these guys and could make a couple of sound suggestions.

Just as a point of reference, I originally paired them with a decent Sony ES receiver/CD combo (probably $1,100 - $1,300) that was actually pretty good, but unfortunately no longer in service. I'm willing to spend about twice that.

Thanks much,

David2.gif

Hi David,

I bought my 4.2's about the same time and have always had them hooked up to Denon. The background is dead quiet with clear highs and plenty of pounding bass. Recently had the crossover's redone and it made a difference for the better.

When it's time to make a change it may be one of those class A integrateds or something with tubes. Also thought about solid state or tube mono-block's.

If another reciever is what I was going for it would be Harmon Kardon or Marantz. I've not heard either one with the 4.2's though but figure either would be a safe bet.