First HT Purchase - What do you think?

Froze314

Whats Up gang. I just bought my first HT & wanted to know, what I should expect. Please share thoughts & ideas.

I am waiting for delivery.

Receiver - Yamaha HTR-5790 7.1

Klipsch Quintet II 5 Piece

Fronts (2) SF-2

Subwoofer - Velodyne VX-10

Thanks in advance!

Froze, Welcome to the Mad house!,

Don't know about the Yamaha.......some here say they are Bright.

I love the SF 2 and your Velodyne...........Great.

The SF 2's are a discontinued model (replaced by the F 2).

I would get the center SC-1 , and 4 SB 2's instead of the Quintets! ( I highly suggest that you NOT get the Quintets.......because in 6 months time you are gonna want to trade up, and you will not get the sound you want from them.)

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=35

Good luck and Post Pics of what ever YOUR ears decide on.!

Froze,

I use just an Integrated amp, for two channel now. In the Past I have use Onkyo, and HK..........

Alot of folks here like Denon,HK, and Pioneer (elite)..........just depends on Your budget, and what works for You........

If You like the Yamaha, go with that- seems that your comfortable with it and that is what counts........

Since your on the East Coast- check out www.crutchfield.com they have good selections, and advice plus good reviews of products and pictures..........

Study up -- go to www.ecoustics.com for one of the net's biggest collection of expert reviews of HT gear.

For pricing -- www.pricescan.com to get prices once you settle on gear. Or froogle.com. Or any of the comparative shopping sites.

I like Yamaha. i've read that "bright" remark in a lot of places -- but I've also heard that kKipsch suffers from "brightness." Frankly, i guess i am not audiophile enough to now what brightness means.

Listen to your favorite disks on the gear you want, read the reviews, make sure you can connect what you want to connect and be willing to put off your purchase if you need to save up some more to get what you want.

Happy listening and watching!

Guest Anonymous

Froze-

Congrats on your first purchase, my first HT was a quintet and onkyo system and I really enjoyed. I too think that you will enjoy it quite a bit.

I must warn you though that if you hang out here to long you will find yourself wanting to upgrade every chance that you got. I was quite happy with using my quintets and my HK (upgraded) for music and movies, but now I am have a two channel system with two NAD stereo amps bridged to mono, and I just bought my first tube pre-amp, I had to wait for a month before it even shipped. I am still waiting for it.

Also, before you return anything or go to such a hassel you should call Crutchfield and see if they will price match. I can tell you that with out a doubt in my mind that they have the best customer service ever! Furthermore its lifetime free tech support from them 24/7. You won't get that anywhere else.

Lastly, the most important thing for you to remember is to enjoy it!

Have a good night.

George

I would also think about calling Ernie at audioclassics.com They're on the east coast and are authorized dealers and always willing to work on price. I've bought several pieces from them and have nothing but great experiences. No affiliation, just a happy customer and I know they rep Denon.