Prospective LaScala Purchase

Cornwalled

----------------

On 3/29/2005 9:03:37 PM r.cherry wrote:

what the heck do you have to do to la scalas to blow out the woofers? hope no one was killed! the people that did that to those speakers should have to listen to lawrence welk records on my current stereo for eternity as punishment.

----------------

Sweet! That sounds like a good treatment. Ugh, Welk's terrible. I remember old re-runs of that show when I was a kid. Seeing those old people dancing to that terrible music. Oh man. Why would you watch old people dance? Eh, I ramble....

-Jon

thank you for the welcome , been around here a couple of months, fell in here from audiokarma, became interested in klipsch a few months back when i was up at audio classics picking up my mc 240 and became interested in a speaker that was highly efficient right now the mac is running with phase tech v-10's

I just picked up a single 1975 La Scala for my center channel. It has hanging bolts still in it but the cabinet is in a little better shape than this one. BEC, forum member, built a new crossover for it should be waiting for me at home tonight. I'll post pic when I get it in General, HT, and 2/3 channel. It sounds decent for a 30 year old speaker so it should sound really good witha a new crossover.

Xman