wanted velodyne hgs-18 sub

DAX616

The HGS-18 is a very nice sub, I used to own one. I had a chance to try out a Earthquake Supernova MKIV-12P so I thought why not. I can tell you I was blown away and the HGS-18 never made it back into my system.

I now own a 15" Earthquake as well as a SVS CS-Ultra and both subs flat out beat the HGS-18 in all areas except maybe music where the Velo kept better pace. The new Velodyne DD-18 is probably a lot better with its built in calibration but the price is sky high (I heard the Velodyne is planning on making there eq avaliable to use with all subs for a mere $600 including a mic and it is a 6 band eq to boot)

Velodyne does make excellent subs though but you would probably need 2 HGS-18's to equal the bass output of a single Earthquake Supernova MKV-15. We are talking about 118db output at 45hz 117 @ 35hz and still hitting 102 @ 20hz for the Earthquake 15".

The SVS subs can do about the same as well and if your looking to spend $1,500 then the PB12-Plus/2 is a killer deal at $1,300 shipped. The customer service at SVS is the best in the business as well.

Good luck.