Quintet for home theater

RIGGED25

Rigged,

Though I liked the Quintets.....you will discover after 6 months time, that you want a bigger- more efficient sound stage.........(upgradeites>>>>>>>). IF you can afford it go with the Reference series RB 35's , center and surround system. costs more but you will have a system that you can live with for a longer time period!

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=659

I say this from knowledge, plus if you had the Quintets and tried to sell them- you won't get even a 1/3 of what you put into it out of a sale......... Good Luck and what ever you end up with Post Pics for us.

Guest Anonymous

Riggid-

Well, I was one of the first people to buy the quintets when they first came out. They are now in my bedroom and rarely get used, but here is my opinion. First off they are good for movies, but not so great for music. Secondly, if you have never owned a home theater system before or a decent sound system, the quintets will be a good upgrade. Otherwise they will just be OK. If you will be buying them from Best Buy, know that you are buying the number one selling sub/sat combination on the market. They are a great value for the price, you won't find anything better for the price. Good luck!

Have a good night.

George

Thanks for the replies guys. My "warden" wanted something "cute" for the living room and when I showed her the Quintets, she quickly approved. I own a set of Forte IIs which sad to say are in the hall closet. I really need to invest in some sound proofing material since there are 4 windows in my living room. lol

I'll let ya'll know things workout.

Again, thanks.

RIGGED

If cute is the order of the day, then check out the Reference series sub/sat models. They will give you better sound over the long haul than the Quintets, but at a larger price of course. The challenge is you can't defy the laws of physics, and you gotta move a lot of air to make good sound, and mini-speakers just don't have the horsepower to really do it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

My Quintets finally arrived via UPS yesterday afternoon. I must say, for their size, them lil dudes put out some nice sound. Great for movies not so great for music but hey, I have my Forte II's for that. All in all I'm very satisfied.

RIGGED