A "far out there" question from a newby

texashoki

Let me preface this question by saying that I ultimately plan on going with a full blown HT system, but am currently looking for something that "will work for now" and which I can upgrade/use the components for later.

Having said all that, I was wondering if you could hook up the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 as a HT system? I was thinking that I could purchase this system and a H/K 235 receiver and use this as an "intermediate" setup while I save for a much more robust system (ultimately looking at a RF25-35 setup). The fact that I will have a good receiver will mean that that upgrade is "done" and all I will need is the sub and speakers.

I currently have a Klipsch 4.1 ProMedia setup on my PC which I love. I ultimately plan on using the ProMedia Ultra 5.1's on a newer system I am currently building and letting my wife/kids inherit the 4.1 set with the other PC-so I definitely have a desire/use for that system when I upgrade the HT system. The fact that right now I do not have the resources (cash) to do what I want in the HT side is what is steering me this way, if it would serve as a decent HT system "holdover" for a year more or less.

Thoughts/recommendations? Would it be a decent short term setup (someone told me it would be close to a Quintet set up)? Can they be hooked up as such? Any issues hooking them up to a receiver (as I said I am a newby)? Any and all comments/help is greatly appreciated.