Speaker for vintage H/K 430

jhamer9

----------------

On 4/10/2005 8:14:42 AM dougdrake wrote:

That said, if you find the Cornwall too large for your situation, I suggest you consider the Forte or even the Quartet (again, only available used). They are a bit less imposing but will offer a wonderful sound.

----------------

I had to throw my .02 behind the Forte/Forte II with HK. Still within budget and will fill the room with sound. Also more than enough bass to satisfy.

wow... you guy have given me more advice than I could have ever thought possible... This is excellent... Thanks to everyone... when i first bought this receiver, i thought it would just sit in a room where i would listen to it with some headphones and nothing more... when i heard the difference in sound through a set of phones from my current amp... i knew i stumbled onto something special.

My wife had an idea to refurnish our living room for entertainment purposes and of course i though of getting music pumped into it asap... my first instinct was to buy something right away from BB or CC or Tweeter, (i can get impulsive at times and when i have an idea i usually want it to come to fruision within the next few days or sooner) but I wanted to find out what may pair well with the h/k that you could buy from a large electronics store. As i'm reading it seems i should look elsewhere...

now, the more i read about the heresy and the cornwalls the more i am inclined to start a serious hunt for the "right" speaker. i guess my next move is to check out the herey II's and go from there... i live in south jersey and will see if i can find a dealer that carries that model. i know they are proven, but i'd really like to give them a listen...

For that vintage sound with rock and jazz, IMHO, you should definietly go Heritage Klipsch. If you've got the real estate, a pair of Cornwalls would sound great or for smaller system how bout Heresy. Go for the I's in both cases, a few little tweaks and you're in business definitely!

Michael