port size on the Chorus I

DrWho

I was just wondering if anyone might have the dimensions of the ports from the original chorus. I've got a pair of Chorus II's and I wanted to compare and contrast the difference between a passive and a port. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to dig into my current cabinets (they're in rather good shape and my wood working skills/tools are lacking), but building new cabinets would be such an ordeal as well. Anyways, I would greatly appreciate the specs if someone would be so kind as to measure for me.

I am also curious why the Chorus II is rated down to 39Hz versus the 45Hz of the Chorus. Does anyone happen to have those old response curves handy that klipsch posted in the past? Colterphoto gave me the specs on the Chorus II, but it would be interesting to compare with the original chorus considering they both use the same driver in the same size cabinet. Passive radiators drop faster than ports so it makes no sense to me why the ported version doesn't dig lower (unless it's tuned higher, in which case I may want to use longer ports...)

Would there happen to be T/S parameters floating around for the K-48-E?

thanks,

-Mike

Btw, my main intent here is to make the speaker more placement friendly. I've considered putting the passive on the front of the cabinet, but it would require an increase in volume...I suppose I could seal off the HF section. Anyways, the port approach would be much easier and apart from the specs, I think it should sound better. Does the HF section of the Chorus II take up less space than the Chorus?