Avalon

dblue

WOW. Avalon. Where warriors go.

This movie is outstanding. It is directed by Mamoru Oshii, director of Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocnese. He did this film between the two animated epics, and it is live action (albeit enhanced).

What an awesome concept. It delves further into Oshii's fascination with cyberspace, and while comparisons to the matrix are obvious, I'd say it fits in more with the two GITS films (especially since the Matrix took just about all it's ideas and imagery from the first GITS, which came out in 1996...even the green code).

Anyway, AWESOME film. It deals with a near future, set in Poland, where a Virtual Reality war game called Avalon is an escape for many people. The game is illegal, since people waste their lives on it, and can actually die from events that happen in the game. I won't spoil anything else.

Awesome music, really sounds good on the HT system, and a few battle scenes. There's a scene where a Helicopter is firing a huge machine gun...WOW, my SVS and RF3's went crazy. Pressurized the room.

Anyway, Visually stunning, captivating, amazing film. Highly recommended.