MC2105 paired w/CW's or Chorus II's any good

miamagsdad

I've used the direct-coupled MC7200 that sounded great with my Cornwalls. Later I used both the vintage autoformered MC2100 and the classic MC250...these two SS amps not only look like tube amps (with their trannies and caps exposed on black and chrome chassis), but they sound absolutely fan-freekin'-tastic with my horn speakers; VERY tube-like indeed! If I hadn't bought my current 300B SET amp, I'd still be using the MC250; with only 50+ watts per side, there's plenty power to drive efficient Klipsch to well over 110dB (if you dare)!

If I'm not mistaken, the beautiful MC2105 was a newer, glass-faced and blue-metered version of the MC2100 I used...a 100 WPC that's a bit overkill IMO, but still very desirable. You would be very pleased with this power amp with either the Chorus or Cornwalls.

Just my two cents...16.gif

Oh, I agree, power was never an issue when I had the MC2100. I was just saying the 100+ WPC isn't necessary with Klipsch, but there's nothing wrong with having it either! Even 50 WPC was more than enough for me with my MC250...I kinda miss not having all that extra wattage; my current 8 WPC is somewhat limited with my 98.5dB Cornwalls (even more so while I'm using a pair of 91dB Triangle Zephyr II towers).

Klipsch speakers CAN play loud with small amounts of power, but that doesn't necessarily mean they SHOULD be run that way.

I've used an MC2205 (200 wpc) with several heritage series speakers, including Cornwalls and the original Chorus, and it's fantastic. In fact, the 2205 with a CD player hooked directly to the inputs (no preamp), playing through a pair of Fortes almost brought me to tears the first time I heard it.........no kidding.

The MC2105 through Cornwalls or the Chorus II should provide very similar results.

Rick.