home theater Klipsch - F3/s2/c2

jatin_shah

Hi, I am getting ready to buy a home theater system at Best Buy. Being new to the audio world, not sure whether the following combination offered at best buy works well or not.

12 inch KLIP KDL12 subwoofer

F3 Klipsch Tower speakers (standing front speakers)

S2 - Klipsch Back speakers (2 of them)

C2 - Klipsch Central speakers

Yamaha 5850 reciever.

Total cost is $2100

My room is dedicated for home theater and size is 18 x 21 with 8 feet ceiling. I am going to have a projector with fixed screen.

Any valuable input is greatly apprciated.

thanks

Jatin

Before I got that system I would check out the reference line. Find a dealer in your area and see waht kind of deal you can get. Real dealers will be more flexible on price than BB.

I got a RF 35 series for not much nore than the F-3 system would have been at BB. I took the advice of guys here and went to 2 local dealers and ended up getting 20 percent off :)

I meant to break this donw in the last post, sorry for posting twice.

OK 2100 for the set at BB. I am not familiar with that receiver, but lets say price wise it compares with my HK. I got my HK for 349.00 no tax and free shipping from JR.com. So that leaves your speakers at $1751.00 I got the Reference 35 series for $1950.00. So for an extra $235.00 you can get the 35 series with a RW 12 sub. Now I did go with the RB instead of RF. But it sounds great. You could still go with RF in the 35 for not a lot more.

I am not saying the system at BB is bad (all klipsch is great) But I think you just get more bang for your buck if you go to a reference dealer.

I was going to go the Bb route also, but the guys here steared me in the right direction like always :)

Good luck with whatever you choose, and with any klipsch you cant go wrong.