Matching home theatre speakers for Heresy's

akirk

I have a set of Klipsch Heresy's and would like to move into home theatre. Can anyone recommend some good surrounds, center channel speakers, etc. to use with these speakers for a guy on a tight budget? On the surrounds I would prefer something I could wall mount.

I'm using an RC-3 center with my Heresy II's. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty good. Only when a sound pans slowly across the front soundstage can I hear the difference.

If I had the space I would have gone with a KLF-C7 but, alas, the monster will not fit.

For surrounds, I picked up a 2nd pair of HII's off of ebay for ~$500. But having heard the RC-3, I think a pair of RS-3's would do fine with a pair of Heresy's

RC-7/RS-7 might be even better but at a higher price.

------------------

--Elliott--

Heresy Mains (Birch)

Heresy Surrounds (Walnut)

RC-3 Center

(Because a C7 won't fit!)

SVS 20-39cs/Samson S700

Denon 2801

Acurus 100x3

JVC D-Series

Pioneer DV-525

Akirk,

RS-3's work great for wide-dispersion surrounds with the Heresy's. For a center, I'd sure try to get another Heresy. Then you'd have the perfect front array. If you want to pick up more of them, the Heresy's work great for surrounds too. But, I'd hold off on that. Give three Heresy's a try for the front, and RS-3's for surrounds. Later on, when you buy your corner horns, you might use the left and right front Heresy's as surrounds. Smile.gif

My three Heresy II's started out as my front array. Now, one's the center between a pair of LaScalas. The other two Heresy's are music surrounds and I'll use the four RS-3s for movie surrounds. (You can see pics of my Heresy surrounds in another thread in this HT forum).

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."