Room seating

shane_0_mac

Ok now that I have my audio and video where I want them, it is time to start thinking about my room seating.

I am going to make my basement a theater room only. Right now I have my computer in the room and I want it out. I have a huge crawl space area (have no idea why its called a crawl space it is a really a small unfinsihed room) So me and a buddy are going play carpenter and make that area a computer room.

After that is done I will sell my sofa and loveseat. Then it will be time for seating. I am thinking of getting recliners that come three in a row, and go with 6 seats across the back wall. I do not want junk stuff but I do not have to have top of the line either, maybe somewhere in the middle. Besides e-bay can you guys give me some ideas of where to look for this kind of seating. I have been told on line buying is the way to go with this stuff.

Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

I bought a set of Coaster seats from a fellow member here on the Forum. What I have is a set of 4, that all recline, leather on the seats, backs, and armrests. Leather match elsewhere, and it's a very good match. Deep cup holders, nice recline mechanisms, easy assembly. THey are retail $1500 for the set of FOUR!

A couple things to look for- comfort, good fabric, headrests that support your head, but aren't so high or wide to block surround sound. These are fairly narrow backs, and the armrests are wedge-shaped, so the entire unit forms an arc, allowing for good space between headrests, particularly in the reclined position. They feel great! And aren't too expensive.

THey also make doubles and threesome sets.

I think just look up Coaster on Google. You shopping nut you!

Michael

I recently completed a theater room and I went with the 4seating .com row of 3 theater seats. The model name I went with is the Men in Black II series in black leather and leather match. All seating surfaces and armrest are a soft leather and the leather match is nicely done as well. These seats have a strong recliner mechanism and big cup holders in each arm. Part of the deal was bass shakers under each seat and assembly was fairly simple. With freight, the row cost me $1600 from Cali to Florida. If you would like to see these seats in my application look at my post on "Let's see your theater" on this forum. I could have spent alot more for seats out there but for the money and the acceptable quality I am very pleased with my choice.