Trashed KLF-20s

texican58

Influx is right. The shippers do a horrible job (regardless of their language) but the Legend series definitely had that glue problem. There have been several issues posted on this board from Legend owners complaining about their speakers literally falling apart, either from shipping damages or just on their own. The rest of the Klipsch lineup seems unaffected by this issue.

As for other nations having hostility towards the U.S., I, quite frankly, feel that it's rooted in their own envy and resentment and they're just looking for a bone to pick. Americans have been rough, gruff, and basically unpolished throughout our history. Perhaps some other nations just can't stand the fact that a bunch of unsophisticated knuckle-draggers can be the proverbial Top Dog and that's what's really getting them.

As far as I'm concerned, if they can't make a horserace out of their own country and/or deal with their own collective shortcomings that might be preventing them from ascending the global ladder, well, that's their problem - not mine.

Enough of this political BS...this is a tech forum. I really should not have brought the above up, but low and behold, somebody somewhere always has to throw politics into a thread every now and then and this time I was foolish enough to take the bait.

Not to hijack the thread, because this is germaine to the 'pack-it' stores, but when store employees can't understand simple English instructions on what the product is and how to pack it- expensive products get damaged and I get offended. If you want to be gainfully employed in retail trade in America, learn the language so you can deal with customers effectively.

I was speaking directly of my own personal experience at a local 'pack-it' store, previously operated and manned by English-speaking persons, recently purchased and operated by persons from an unnammed country that have virtually NO ENGLISH SKILLS WHATSOEVER. They can barely run the cash register or understand what type of shipping service you are asking for. They think everything can be packaged in peanuts. This from my own experience, I'm not making it up or trying to badmouth ferriners, as you put it.

I wouldn't attempt to have a service positon in France if I couldn't speak French!

nuf said, please return to your previously scheduled thread...

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 5/16/2005 2:28:47 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

I have KLF-C7 center speaker and noted the hot-glue construction method. Do you have to wait until they fall apart to re-glue em or did you apply the liquid nails like a caulking to all the interior joints you could get to?

Michael

Mitch- I didn't mean to sound harsh to you in my last post, just that we're seeing a LOT of damaged Heritage Klipsch lately.

----------------

No Michael, not harsh at all. It's my own blind faith in a shipping companies that I once thought took great care in their shipping methods. How naive of me.

Your advice is well received and correct!

thanks...mitch

----------------

On 5/16/2005 2:59:07 PM billyjoe72 wrote:

That's sad to see. Those are the brother and sister of my two klf 20's. I am curious whether you bought those off ebay. I viewed a couple sets for sale and thought about snagging them. I'm waiting on some 30's close to Ohio. Sorry for all the bloodshed.
15.gif

----------------

yes, it was a eBay deal in South Carolina. Mitch