Recommended HT speakers

DragonLeg

Which line of speakers do you guys recommend for someone that will use the speakers 90% HT (100% reference level listening in HT) and 10% gaming -- Reference, Heritage, or THX Ultra 2?

I plan to have a 7.2 setup if that helps.

I'll be using a Denon 3805 receiver, until I pick out some seperates that have been recommended to work well with the speakers I get.

Thanks for the opinions!

Well the THX Ultra 2 lineup was designed specifically for HT so I would naturally assume it was the best performer for that market. That's not to say that the other lineups are insufficient in any way.

I personally would go with the Ultra2's, but that's also largely influenced by the subwoofers in that lineup. For mains, I would love to compare the khorn/RF-7/and KL 650, but if I wasn't able to listen then I'd go with the 650 (just because it's what it was designed for and I think Klipsch knows what they're doing).

Gaming becomes an unreal experience once you got the audio setup happening...surround sound just brings a whole new level to the realism of the game (anyone that has played halflife2 knows what I'm talking about) 2.gif I wouldn't be surprised if your percentage of gaming actually increased once you got it all setup.

I'll try to get the room layout when I have a free moment.

Right now I'm running a Paradigm setup (cc370 center, mimi-monitors for mains, and 4 atoms for surrounds), and an SVS PC Ultra subwoofer. I'm willing to shell out for the Ultra 2 setup (but I'm willing to buy things a little at a time if I have to also), so price isn't a real issue. Any opinions on keeping the PC ultra, and adding another, or selling it for the dual Ultra 2 woofers?

Thanks, and I'll try to get room dimensions back here asap.