Static when when turning volume

A Fire Inside

It sounds to me that you two have defective CP-1's. Are you sure you have the 4.1's and not the v2.400's? If you have headphone inputs and outputs on the control pod then it is a 4.1 system, if not, you have teh v2.400, which has had problems with the control pod.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!*

I beat DBvader to 900 posts**

(*does not matter anymore though)

(**ok, this is getting sad now)

teh new control pod, the CP-1 is only different tot he original if you have the v2.400's. it is the same control pod as teh 4.1 system. if you have a v2.400 system then it adds a stereo input and output (for ehadphones and mp3 players) it is also supposed to improve sound crossover a little and the knobs are much improved. it gets rid of teh scratching noise too, the main reason to upgrade.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

Textc>

Oops, I posted the following in "pro-audio" and it should have gone here:

Promedia 4.1 wonderful speakers and I recommend them constantly to everyone, However, I am experiencing a scratchy potentiometer in the Main Volume. Should I just take the Main Pod back to the dealer for service? Or is there an at-home solution. Other than this problem, the speakers perform excepionally well. They are less than one year old and this problem has been slowly increasing for the past five months.

thanks and regards, - Chaz

Now, after finding this topic and reading the posts, I should take the main pod back to the dealer before the warranty expires. They are not the 4.1's but the v-somethings. Is this the thing to do? thanks again, MJ

This message has been edited by monsterjesus on 09-09-2001 at 09:37 PM

You ahve the v2.400's. The first multimedia speaker created by klipsch, the same speaker i have. Klipsch will sned you a new control pod, the same as the one you have for free. or for 50 bucks you can order a new one that ads a headphone jack and an input jack right on the contorl pod, this is called teh CP-1. It also helps with the midrange i think...

email amy and she will get you fixed up.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665