Found an HK430 at a garage sale

lynnm

I picked up an HK430 today at a garage sale. I haven't fired it up yet but it is a nice clean looking unit and the price was such that if it is a dud it will be no big deal. I was suprised at how heavy that puppy is!

In any event I will give a spin this weekend sometime. I haven't decided what to do with it yet as I don't really need it but should I decide to flip it I will give the forum folks first dibs.

Nice Find! If it gives you trouble,there are like 8 fuses in the unit. It is recommended (Andy HDBRbuilder's post) to go through and replace them to avoid problems. 4 inside, 2 bottom, 2 on back.

I bought one recently and also got a 730- it's massive! They are renowned for having that 'first clean watt'.

Michael

I hooked it up to a pair of Minimus 7s and other than a certain degree of scratchiness in the volume control it seems fine. The tuner works and A CDP sounds good through the Aux inputs. I have not yet tested the phono stage.