Promedia 4.1 won't power on anymore

Hi all,

hope someone can give me some light as to what has happened to my poor 4.1's. :(

This is what i believe happened.

I had my 4.1's amp plugged into a power board extension to give me some extra power plugs for things like my speakers, adsl router etc. etc.

On the day of failure i was cleaning up and had to move my promedia amp out from under my desk. At the time the ON/OFF switch on the back of the 4.1's amp was in the ON position, and silly me i did not switch it OFF before pulling out the power from the back. later on i inserted the power plug back into the amp while the ON/OFF switch was still in the ON position. Since then nothing has worked. The main volume pod does not display the red/green LED light that it once did. I have very briefy unscrewed the back of the amp to see if prehaps the fuse had blown but all seems ok in that department. None of the capacitors look damaged or anything.

I'm sure this promedia 4.1's i have are version 2.

Does anything think this problem could be solved easily or should i consider putting them to rest.

I am located in Queensland, Australia and it is real hard to find someone that will look at these. If i can get anymore information as to what might be the problem that would be fantastic.

Thanks all.

Klipsch rocks!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay I replaced the fuse on my v2-400's and still nothing. No power or any sign the speakers still have life in them. All the circuitry and everything looks just fine, but no power-on. I do have the CP-1 newer control pod. Any other ideas besides investing in a new set of speakers?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with my ProMedia V.2-400 system. I have the CP-1 upgrade. I've checked the fuse. The LED light next to the speaker engage button doesn't light up at all. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be most appreciative.

(Also, I don't understand what the post above this one is referring to.)

Ok, I figured out Johnnie's post and checked the resistors. They all look hunky-dory to me.

Reading through the forums, this seems to be a fairly common problem. I've emailed Klipsch and hope for a helpful reply. I'm sort of surprised that this problem isn't addressed in the ProMedia FAQ.

• 3 months later...

i have the same problem... one day the red led was on... now today, it

is not... very very disappointed.. i sure do hope it is as simple as

the fuse...

anyone else have any suggestions in case it isn't the fuse? (btw,

i already checked and the fuse looks perfectly fine/unbroken)