RC 25 or 7

kdcarroll

Evening All....

Relatively new to the forum, and learning daily.

I'm in need of a center channel upgrade, and I would like to get the RC-7; but relatively certain I can only afford the RC-25 for now. I don't want to wade in the ebay water, and the local Klipsch dealer wants HIGH RETAIL. Does anyone have a lightly used RC-25 they would part with? I am certainly interested in the RC-7 as well, but must be a great price.

I look forward to any help, and will continue to "learn" daily.

All my best.....

Ken

Wait and get the RC7. I went through every center in the klipsch reference line except the RCX-3/4 and wasn't really happy with any of them until I got the RC-7. As long as it's not too big for your mains just wait and you'll be much happier.

Thanks for the advice! I have RF-35 mains; don't know if the rc-7 would "overpower" the 35's. I have read hours of good things about the rc-7. The obvious difficulty is availability; there just never seems to be a "used" rc-7 available, except some I've seen in ebay water which always are a "little" beat up! I'd listen to a cheap 8-ohm AM radio speaker before I buy ANYTHING from my local dealer again (wouldn't even make eye contact when I went back in the store looking for the rc's; two weeks after buying an amp and rf-35's. This usually would not bother me, but the lack of ANY attempt at service just gave me pause.

I'll keep looking, and saving! Thanks again for the word.

KDC

No problem, and don't worry about the RC-7 overpowering the RF-35's as I'm using them also and they sound great together. The RC-35 actually blended worse with the RF-35's as it had a "muffled" sound to it and it was easy to pick out the center when listening to music in prologic II mode especially. The RC-7 is a little bit better sounding speaker than the RF-35's but to me still sounds like a much closer match to them than any other center. And if you ever decide to upgrade your mains later to RF-5's or 7's you'll have the center to go with them and can move the 35's to the back or sell them.