Please Help

DarkHelmet82

YEs finally, someone who understands lol... yeah u notice the static MOSTLY in the front left. I swithced it with a rear one and it was still coming mostly from teh front left, so it must be the soundcard. so radio i feel your pain man! I ORDERED A NEW SOUNDCARD, if it doesnt work im gonna go ballistic. Im pissed at creative, and teh funny part is that 75% of my hardware is creative, go figure. I have a good friend who knows a lot ad he recomends the turtle beach santa cruz i ordered that.

this is really bothering me! i think you should contact creative. if you do not want to contact them just let me know and i will do it for you. Not a problem.cwm16.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Well the reason i dont want to contact creative is because i know that they aer just goign to say send us the card, but if all of those cards do this then whats teh point. If u want to contact them and see what they say taht would be cool. I figure its a wazste of time but if you think it would help, go for it.

i will contact them today. i have taht card and never have had a problem. so, i think you are just too very unlucky ppl! sorry this happened to you. i will let you know what they say.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

i am still awaiting an answer. I was on hold for about an hour today to no avail. SO after spending 15 minutes trying to get an email addrses, you have to sign up and get a username and then use their interface... UGH! i fnally got it setup today. No answer yet, it still says pending an answer. As soon as i get one i will post it here.

------------------

-justin

Dark: Dunno the specifics of the Abit card you have, but I had massive probs with My SbLive card on my AMD and Asus setup; I finally gave up and got a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. My 4.1's work fine now; I did update the drivers from their website-also the 4in1 drivers from Via. There is a known prob with the Via chipset ans SB cards(which they denied for so long). I do hope this helps....good luck....mag

Hardware: Sound Blaster Live! Value

Support ID: 46262

Request Type: Hardware: Sound Blaster Live! Value

Product: Sound Blaster Live! Value

Current Status: Closed (Answered)

Support Request Message Thread:

Response from Creative: 9/10/01 11:11:06 AM

Justin,

Attach your speakers so that the front speakers are in the green and rear speakers in the black. Then open your "Creative Surround Mixer" and the speaker controls. Set your speakers to "4 speaker". If you look to the right of the mixer you should see a red " + " sign above the "vol" control. If you click on that plus sign a box should open that says "Digital Output Only". Make sure that is Unchecked. After you have that unchecked try the test again.

Please remove the Sound Blaster Live!Ware 3.0 drivers and reinstall with the latest revision of those drivers from

Sound Blaster (Live! series) drivers update

by performing the following steps (skip setps 1 - 5 for Windows 95):

1. Go to the Start button on the taskbar and select Run.

2. Type MSCONFIG.

3. Click OK.

4. Choose "Selective Startup", remove each checkmark and click OK.

5. Restart the system.

6. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager

7. Expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers category and remove the Sound Blaster Live! listing.

8. Open Windows Explorer and delete any of the following files which exist:

In C:\WINDOWS\INF:

CTMISC.INF

EMU10K1.INF

CREATIVEEMU10K1.INF

In C:\WINDOWS:

AWEMAN.DLL

AWEMAN32.DLL

In C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM:

EMU10K1.VXD

SFMAN.VXD

SFMAN32.DLL

SBLFX.DLL

DEVCON32.DLL

DEFAULT.ECW

CTW16.DRV

CTSYN.VXD

CTSYN16.DRV

CTMM16.DLL

CIFMAN.VXD

CIFMAN.CRL

CIFMAN.DLL

AUDIOHQ.CPL

AHQCPRES.DLL

A3D.DLL

2GMGSMT.SF2

4GMGSMT.SF2

8. Restart the System.

9. Hold down the left CTRL key as the computer boots to bring up the Boot-Up Menu and select the option for Safe Mode.

10. Go to the START button on the taskbar.

11. Choose FIND -> FILES OR FOLDERS.

12. Search for the following files and delete any that you find:

CTMISC.INF

EMU10K1.INF

CreativeEMU10K1.inf

AWEMAN.DLL

AWEMAN32.DLL

EMU10K1.VXD

SFMAN.VXD

DEFAULT.ECW

CTSYN.VXD

CTMM16.DLL

CIFMAN.VXD

AUDIOHQ.CPL

AHQCPRES.DLL

A3D.DLL

2GMGSMT.SF2

4GMGSMT.SF2

13. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager.

14. Remove any listings for the sound card in ANY of the expandable sections.

15. Restart the system.

16. Cancel the reinstallation of the SB Live.

After windows finishes loading, run the SBLW9XUP.EXE installation. At the end of the installation procedure when it asks you to reboot the computer, select no and restart the computer AFTER the installation has completely finished and gone back to the desktop.

You will now want to run the Drivers Update. Return to a normal configuration in Windows 98 by clicking "Normal startup" in MSCONFIG.

Mark

Creative Labs Technical Support

------------------

-justin

i have not got a clue to what is loose inside teh control pod. could be anything from a screw to the board. hope that the solution creative gave me can be of some help. sorry they took so long.

------------------

-justin