RF-7 priced at $1600 a pair should I take? Authorized Dealer

Jay481985

Well went to my local 6th avenue dealer and I asked them how much sorta bluntly for a pair of RF-7. He bluntly responded 1600 a pair. I believe that is a nice deal and they are an authorized dealer. Also they said they have them in stock with black or cherry. The price advertised in store on the speaker is actually $1998 a pair. Also he said I could open one of their credit cards and not pay for 12 months. I really almost went out with the pair but held back. Also as a kicker he said he would overlook the sales tax. (At this point I'm like god damnit!" Well when I left I said I have to think about it and he sorta stated that the RF-7 seems likely to be replaced... Hmmm. Also he sorta stated that that price probably won't stay like that. Now should I bite?

Also on another note I'm looking for a good reciever to match. The problem is that I want separates but none in my price range of up to 1000. I think I am going to buy a high quality reciever and buy a dedicated amp later but use the reciever as a pre amp. The man stated the best matching to his opinion was the pioneer elite line. Though I was more content on the denon 3805. Which would be the better in your opinion's guys? On another note since most recievers are 7.1 I was thinking maybe to best describe it is biamp with a reciever. Since I will buy just a pair and play stereo I might as well pull the jumpers off and Feed the main to the woofers and surround to the tweeter? Is that safe and possible? Also I believe if I do not remove the jumper then I would actually lower the impedance to 4 ohms instead of 8?