Sony Trinitron Video

boa12

anybody know about or have both their Video 1 s-video & Video 1 composite video input on a sony trinitron connected at the same time?

asking because i have both an s-video out & composite out on the cable box, but only composite video out on the vcr.

so does the sony give preference to the s-video over composite if it's getting the same signal from the same source?

or if it's simultaneously getting a different signal from the composite source (say s-video from dvdp & composite from cable box)?

or does it just shut down the composite input if there's an s-video connection even w/ no signal?

or does it mess up the picture in any way?

sorry i know i could just try it out but it's hard to get back there & maybe somebody has an easy answer.

so simple-like, how does a sony trinitron handle connections under Video 1 between both the s-video input & the composite video input (don't want to switch between video 1 & video 2 all the time).

well got off my lazy & tried hooking everything to the video 1 inputs of the sony. no composite video at all when u also plug in an s-video connection. even if there's no signal from the s-video but there is from the composite. so iow when s-video is plugged it totally shuts off the composite video in. daa, guess that's why they have video 2 Redface.gif

hey boa! give some thought to a svhs-et vcr. jvc makes 'em, and it would improve recording picture quality, as well as allow 1 connection for cable s-out-to-vcr-to video 1 s-in! avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

sony strda-777ES receiver

NEW! sony playstation 2!

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

surrounds and a 'teens sub coming!

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!