La Scalas risers

jbsl

digital

This is the riser I made for my La Scalas. It is 6 1/4 inches high making the LS 41 1/4 inches high. Really helped with the sound. Now I want to try a new riser that will put the midrange and tweeter horns at the same hight as the KHorns midrange and tweeter horns are. So if someone who has KHorns could do me a favor and measure from the floor to the center of the midrange horn and also to the center of the tweeter horn. I want to make some risers that will bring my LS horns up to the same hight as the KHorns. I'm not sure if this will help any since my room is 15 X 15 X 8. I sit ten feet back but could go back to 12 feet. I think with a bigger room it would work better but not sure. Does anyone think this would be worth my time and money? I would appreciate if someone could give some ideas on what materials to use and the best way to put them together. I Have very basic tools and not much experience working with wood or almost none. Well any help on this possible project would be greatly appreciated!!

Xman

post-13699-1381926671945_thumb.jpg

Nice idea, I like the idea of the horns being at ear level. I've got some plywood out in the garage. Might just try it. Somewhere on the board, I remember someone making a bass extension port that goes on the bottom of the LaScalas that raises them about a foot and gives them some more deep bottom end. Thanks. Hamish

lascala_riser.jpg

post-12323-1381926672395_thumb.jpg

digital

I had KLF 20s before the La Scalas. After I got the LS they did not sound as good as the KLF 20s did until I made the risers and upgraded preamp and amp. I remember the bass bin mod you are talking about and it is way beyond my abilities to make. Right now the mid horn is almost centered on my earlevel when sitting on my couch and the tweeter horn just above earlevel.

post-13699-1381926672458_thumb.jpg