Old Jazz/Big Band Records

A customer of mine brought in some albums for one of my employees to copy to tape for him, I'm wondering if any of these are things I should have a listen to myself. If so, the copies will only cost me the cost of the tapes, so am willing to take the chance I would like them, but wouldn't want the guy doing the recording to waste his time if they're not that great to begin with. Here's a list of what there is

:

Boots Randolph: Party Boots. Monument Records # PZG 34082 (Labeled Demonstration only, not for sale)

Warren Covington: Hits Of The 60's Volume 1 and 2. Recar Records #RCS-2037/38

Lester Young: Lester Swings. Verve Records #VE-2-2516

Flip Phillips/Scott Hamilton: A Sound Investment. Concord Records # CJ-334

Mel Torme/Buddy Rich: Together Again For The First Time. Gryphon Records #G-784

The Terry Gibbs 4: Live At The Lord. No label listed. Terry Gibbs, Marty Harris, Harvey Newmark and Frank Capp are the performers, recorded March 12, 1978 live at Lord Chumley's, Playa del Rey, California.

Illinois Jacquet& His Big Band: Jacquet's Got It. Atlantic #81816-1

I don't have a TT set up at the moment, and would hate for Jack to spend several hours recording these for me if they aren't worth the vinyl they're pressed on, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

C.T.B.B.

I have never heard of W. Covington, and I don't know how Boots Randolph(hokey yackity sax)got included in this otherwise stellar group, but all the rest (Young, Torme/Rich, Gibbs, Jacquet, et al)are long-time jazz greats and are well worth the effort. I would like to hear them myself.

Thanks, fisherman. I'll probably just have him do em all so I can hear em, I could set up a TT, but I don't know how long the guy wants to be without his albums, and I know the cartridges I have in my two old TT's wouldn't be very kind to his pressings. Probably not any worse than the guy that's going to be recording them, but that's his deal. They look very good out of the sleeve, but I still suggested he washed them all well before playing them. He said he had a Discwasher that would get them perfectly clean, I wasn't about to go into the whole imbedded dust thing, so just let it go.