SF-2 with NAD C372

pinarello

I have had a pair of the SF-2's for a few years and have been running them on my old Harman Kardon PM645 integrated amp. I have the bug to replace the amp and I am looking at the NAD C372. The old HK was only 40 watts/ch RMS with peaks to 90 while the new one runs 150 Watt/ch RMS. Should have plenty of headroom.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of setup and what were your results?

Thanks,

pinarello

I have sf-2's I am running a NAD t743 avr receiver. It sounds awesome. I am currently running Heresy II's with it at the moment, and that sounds great as well. Awesome for an avr receiver. So I imagine and integrade, or seperates would be even better. Heck I have owned some seperates hooked to my other receivers that doesn't even compare to the sound I get with this receiver. Oh and NAD power is ALOT more than your typical brand. My receiver is 50 watts and trounces my older 125 watter in terms of quality at any volume. I think NAD is the best bang for the buck if your going solid state. Plus I love the minimal look of it. Nothing flashy and trendy. Just good quality.

can't say on the amp but my NAD C542 CD player sounds great!! Talk to the NAD dealer and ask him if you can demo it in your system. Leave a deposit, pick it on Sat right before they close( or whatever day) and bring it back the next day they open. I picked up the C540 and had it for 2 days before I bought one. Also had another dealer let me bring the Jolida CD player home and compared it to the C542. Talk to the dealer.

Xman

----------------

On 6/25/2005 4:09:16 AM jbsl wrote:

can't say on the amp but my NAD C542 CD player sounds great!! Talk to the NAD dealer and ask him if you can demo it in your system. Leave a deposit, pick it on Sat right before they close( or whatever day) and bring it back the next day they open. I picked up the C540 and had it for 2 days before I bought one. Also had another dealer let me bring the Jolida CD player home and compared it to the C542. Talk to the dealer.

Xman

----------------

jbsl so you chose the NAD over the Jolida?

The Jolida sounded better except in the highs. The Jolida sounded like the highs were laid back even when using tone controls. The stock tubes may not present the highs as much as I like them but with tube rolling you can bring the highs up. Also realize when I did the comparision I already owned the C542. If I did not own either one I would go with the Jolida if I could afford it. I payed $525 For the C542 and I did not think the Jolida was that much better to pay another $900 and then resell my C542 for a loss. The Jolida is a better player but if $900 is too much for you to spend then try the C542. For the price it comes in a very close 2nd to the Jolida.

Xman

jbsl Thanks for the tip. I actually thought of a tube player, but at around a grand that isn't happening. For now anyhow. I can think of better places to spend my money on my home repairs. What goods a cd player if you don't have four walls and a roof with electricity? 1.gif