Room size? Good or Bad

KMyers

Can't see why not ... I think Moon did something similar but I'm going from memory.

The concrete floor and the garage door may need some treatments but the room is a good start!

Good luck, and take pictures along the way to share with us!

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 SET Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

Yeah im going to leave the garage door where it is but im going to build a wall infront of it! The garage is 18' but by the time i cut the track and build a wall i figure that will take up a foot? Im just going to seal off the garage door, cut off the track that it rides on and build a wall. Im going to use 1x2's on the wall's to attach my drywall to. Carpet the floor and see where it goes from there. But i will be taking lots of pics

Sounds like a fun project but why close off the garage door? Depending on your budget you could look into getting a window/door system to fit in place of the garage door something like this http://www.nanawallsystems.com/ That way you could close the doors and use blinds when the HT was in use but when you had nice weather you could open up and have an 'outdoor' living room. I've done some residential renovation and used similar products and it's a great way to stay insulated but still bring in a lot of natural light when you want to.

Well i had thought about something like that but,im trying to avoid permits and property tax increases3.gif I figured if i did all inside and left the outside still looking like a garage maybe i wont get caught2.gif Plus the wall i build infront of the garage door will be the wall that holds the projection screen. And if there were windows behind it it may hinder the picture quality during the day time. From what i hear projectors dont like a lot of light? Im going to take pics of the whole thing from the time i start to the end result and will post them as i go so i can get some quality input. Ideas may change as i go who knows. Right now there is a Jeep wrangler siting in my theater9.gif