speaker question?

sammy18

Hello,This is my first post! I got a pioneer htib system.It has a 400 watt receiver with a 100 watt sub.It still plays movies great and everything but i was wondering if their are any klipsch speakers that would sound awesome with this system?Is my receiver enough for these speakers or would i need something better.Thanks for anyhelp anyone can provide!

HTIB are entry level into the Home Theater arena. I would suggest trying the Klipsch quintets and either a sub-10 or sub-12 from Klipsch and buying yourself a middle of the road receiver.

You could get all of the above for around $1100 and it would be a huge improvement.

Welcome to the forum!

9.gif

Hate to say it but I think that reciever that came with it would probably only power quinents. And I am sure the reciever is very limited to what it can do. I would suggest you keep what you have for the time being and save up for a more powerfil receiver. And some nice speaks

The watts that your reciever is putting out is more than enough to drive any klipsch speaker. This is exactly the reason why Klipsch puts so much stress on maintaining a high speaker sensitivity (it means less watts needed for the same volume). So in essence, the bigger speakers are actually easier to drive because they are more efficient. But as you can expect the quality of amplification from your reciever is going to leave a lot to be desired. You should wait to upgrade the reciever until after you upgrade speakers.

If you don't plan on ever going crazy insane with your audio then I would very highly recommend the best you can afford from the synergy line-up. You can go give them a demo over at any Best Buy if you want to hear them (just make sure you don't let the salesman try to sell you any expensive cable or that stupid extended warranty policy...it's all a waste of money).

I think if you get the whole F3 packaged (C3 center and S3 surrounds) then you get a slight discount at best buy, like $200 less than purchasing seperately or something like that. The most important thing is get the front 3 as best as possible and timbre matched, so just make sure the numbers are the same. You can skimp out a little bit on the surrounds if your budget doesn't allow you to stay in series (but then you don't get the discount). For the sub I wouldn't go with anything less than the Sub-12.