Rear surrounds...I know nothing!

Arman

Hi all,

I don't know much about surround sound...but I've got a question or 2...

I'm interested in adding 2 rear surround speakers to my current setup, and I wanted to get an idea of what the best bang for the buck is...

My brother mentioned a HK 430 receiver and maybe a pair of RC-5s. My current setup is in the sig, and I'd like to keep it vintage for the most part...

Any suggestions on how I would go about matching everything up? Also, price points would help...

Thanks in advance and HAPPY 4th of July!

-Arman

• Like 1

Its not really my area either but as I understand it if your Denon has separate channel outs you could simply run a pair of RCA's from the rear left/right out into another Scott amp driving whatever speakers you choose.

That would enable you to stay as vintage as possible, whilst getting that surround sound thing going.

Cant comment on the speaker match either I am afraid (must make you wonder why I posted this).

Ah well....

----------------

On 7/5/2005 6:26:27 AM maxg wrote:

Its not really my area either but as I understand it if your Denon has separate channel outs you could simply run a pair of RCA's from the rear left/right out into another Scott amp driving whatever speakers you choose.

----------------

that is problematic, as it provides no unified master volume control. but how do you manage the volume, now, with your 2 amps, arman?

("..........w/ splitters for that extra 6 DB!" is not exactly true, btw 2.gif )

Haha, that may be true (the 6 DB claim) - who knows. I just stuck 'em in there and left 'em.

I manage the volume of both amps seperately - the left and right speakers are managed by the 299c, and the center channel is managed by the 99D (they're independent of each other...?)

Thanks for all the help so far!

• Like 1