Trying to run MK vx-4 and RW12 together....not working

om13934

I'm trying to run both an rw12 and the vx4 off of my receiver's lfe output. I'm running the single cable to a splitter. From the splitter, one cable runs straight to the lfe input on the rw12 and the other runs to another splitter to supply the feed to the left and right inputs in the MK. For some reason, they run fine sepparately, but when I hook them up in this fashion, I get nothing. Please help

Try feeding the Mk without using the splitter (so plug into just the L or R input). If that fixes your problem, then you know the summing-circuit on the MK is somehow shorting the signal with the RW-12 input. Theoretically this setup should work though.

You do have both in the "on" mode and not in that auto standby mode right?

----------------

On 7/5/2005 5:43:30 PM kevinlwilliams67 wrote:

I have an RSW 15 and RSW 12, I run LFE into RSW 15 with splitter than ran LFE out of RSW 15 to LFE in on RSW 12. Does either sub have an LFE output, if so I would try the LFE out rather than the splitter.

----------------

using the first sub's "pre-out" is really not the best way connect a second sub.

Kinda narrowed down the problem, any time I plug in a cable to the other side of my splitter, it somehow sucks all the signal to that side of the splitter or something because my RW then gets absolutely NO signal. It won't even auto on with a cable plugged in to the other end of the first splitter. It could be my cable. The first cable and splitter are definately sub cables, but the others may just be regular rca cables...not optimized for low frequencies. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but something is not quite right.

----------------

On 7/5/2005 4:26:28 PM DrWho wrote:

Try feeding the Mk without using the splitter (so plug into just the L or R input). If that fixes your problem, then you know the summing-circuit on the MK is somehow shorting the signal with the RW-12 input. Theoretically this setup should work though.

You do have both in the "on" mode and not in that auto standby mode right?

----------------

Either way, on or auto, it doesn't matter, and the MK is like 20yrs old so it doesn't even have a switch... If its plugged in, its on.