sub problem?? need help

cutejai

hi all,

i've been having my promedia for about 3 years now, i'm so proud of having it and love it so much and now it's dying. i'm not so sure what is the problem. after replacing the normal cable with the monster one in hope of getting a better sound, it turns out to be a grief. it works ok at very low volume, but once i turn it up abit, the sub will make some ridiculous crackling sound, as if it's about to crack open or something. i'm so worried now, i know i have no more warranty, so what choices have i left with?? anyway to fix it?? is it a known sub problem?? or are there any good unit to replace it??

i just love listening to music and can't live without a good set of speakers, but can't affort home theather yet. =(

btw i live in australia and i know that klipsch already discontinue producing klipsch for us. so there is no way of getting 5.1, i can get it imported from U.S. but then we will need to use a converter which will void the warranty as mentioned by klipsch. so,,,,,so sad.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it might be a problem with the way you've wired it. Make sure you have red to red. I can't see how getting them switched would make a problem, but it's better to be sure.

Also, your amp might be going bad, or you might be clipping the amp. Check your input and try turning it way down to the point where the PM4.1's are running at almost full volume.