Ground Loop Problems

Haccord03

My setup consists of a denon avr-2105 connected to a dvd player, and my pc. I haven't had any buzzing or humming, what I'm getting are faint horizontal lines going up my screen on the tv. To get rid of them I can either turn off my pc, or if the pc is running, i can disconnect the coax cable thats connecting the cable to the tv. If you guys have any methods to get rid of these annoying lines, please let me know! thanks!2.gif

Power supply quality matters A LOT when it comes to PC's, get a good brand like Antec/Enermax that stick to their voltage rails tightly, if you do that, and if your mobo can do stuff like AGP and FSB spread specturm adjustments, your PC can act much more like a dedicated component of your AV system, and not a crappy source.

What video card are you using for video output?

When you disconnect the coax cable, is it coming from the computer or is it cable television? If it's the PC, i'd say it's the power suppy. Buy an antec truepower or a good enermax, hook it up, if it goes away keep it, if it stays consider line conditioning on your PC and TV. My friend had the same problems with all the TV's in his house, he bought some cheap line conditioners but they cleaned things up nicely.

-Joe

Well according to my alienware receipt i got a 400 WATT POWER SUPPLY. I don't know if thats enough or not, but thats all i can find out. I have a ati9700 pro, but I have no video connected between my pc and the receiver right now, its just a digital coax coming from the Audigy 2 zs digital out. As far as the line conditioners, where can i find one of those, and how much am I getting set back? thanks!2.gif

Also, I'm saying that when I disconnect the cable from the back of the tv the lines go away, say if i'm watching a dvd or something. (my dvd-players hooked via s-video). The lines will go away if i disconnect the digital audio coax from my audigy card on my computer as well.