Which furman product?

BobbyT

Since I'm investing a lot(well a lot to me) of money on my new stuff I need to spend a little more for electrical proctection. I'm scheduled to pick up my stuff on July 30 so I would like to order something from parts express this weekend. So what would be the best one to order?

Edit:something like this maybe?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/181301/

In the dedicated theater room I recently completed, I use the Furman Elite 15 DM. I like the fact that it has a digital readout of line voltage coming in and an amp meter to let you see the load your equipment places on the power source. When you see a dramatic scene on screen, you can watch the amp draw increase to account for the added bass notes. You can view this unit @ Furmansound.com, and 6 mos. ago I purchased it for $500. I hope this helps

I dunno why you'd wanna read the input voltage or have the push out lights in a home setting...for a PA rig I can see why they have all those features, but I think it'd pretty much be useless at home. IF the voltage somehow managed to be faulty, then it's going to be a huge project to get it fixed and if your stuff is already working, then I highly doubt you've got voltage problems. I can see this being used on a portable PA rig powered by a generator sitting really far away (you can lose a lot of power running those long extension cords and generators usually have some way of adjusting the output too). The lights are nice because they will illuminate your whole rack when all the lights are off. So if you want the swivel light, then just get the same model number, but with an L on the end. The "D" on the end will give you the light and the digital voltage readout.

If you wanted to save yourself a few bucks, I think you would get the nearly same performance out of this unit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/181235/

The only real difference in performance will be if you have grounding issues in your setup already. The "LiFT" on the model you suggested is something that will work to reduce the noise floor on ground related issues.