Yamaha receiver display went out.

I have a Yamaha RX-V870 and the display went out. It still worked otherwise so I looked to see if it was something simple. I found they used a little light bulb. I thought hey great easy fix I've seen these at good ol Radio Shack. Well I found the wattage rating etc and they did'nt match. I did find a website that carried it but said it was discontinued. So my question is how could I convert this to LED lighting. I tried a white led with the orange cover the light bulb had on it. But it was still white and did'nt light the display well. I would like to just use one and be done with it. But I have no idea really were to start. I thought it would be neat to change the display to blue instead of orange kinda like marantz. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Or just maybe a place to get the bulb cheap.

some recievers have the option to change the brightness of the display, anywhere between off and really bright. Is there a button on your remote that might control this? My dad thought he broke the reciever once and then I had to show him the "dimmer" button on the remote.