Questions about my synergy III setup

dravencross

I recently purchased the synergy c-3, s-3, and sub-12 speakers for my home theater room(that isn�t huge) and the yamaha 7.1 htr-5890 980 watt receiver. I was wondering if this receiver is even going to give me the full benefit of the speakers i bought. All the speakers (not including the sub) continuous w. is 810. What I didn�t know is if the peak w. really matters, or if i should be find with what i have. The speakers can go up about another 300 peak w. each, which in that case would result in me having to have a 5,000 w. receiver. And if im going to do that, i mind as well just buy a small lowes theater. I would like the movie theater sound experience, but i don�t really need to wake up the neighbors every time i watch a dvd. Also, this was a pretty big purchase for me(still waiting for them to be delivered)and i couldnt find any reviews. I'd Appreciate if anyone has any input on these speakers or receiver compared to others to please let me know. My last speaker system was an all-in-one box Panasonic HT system...which sucked, i had the opportunity(the money)to buy this setup and im just wanting a second opinion.

The receiver is plenty for the speakers. You'll be fine. You got enough power there for much more sound volume than you are ever going to need.

I'm sure you are really going to be pleased with your purchase. Make sure to run the auto-equalization to get all the speaker levels all dialed-in.

Enjoy!!

The thing you need to look at is the sensitivity of your speakers (you'll find them posted on the website or in your manuals). At 1 watt, your speaker will be producing those SPL's. Everytime you double the wattage, you increase the volume by 3dB. So if your speakers are at 96dB sensitivity, then 2 watts is 99dB, 4 watts = 102dB, 8 = 105, 16=108, 32 = 111, 54 = 114, 128 = 117dB. By the way, anything over 100dB is extremely loud (and you only need 4 watts for that).

So yes, your reciever will be more than capable of driving your system to loud levels.

dravencross,

I currently own that system: HTR-5890BL, F-3, C-3, S-3 and Sub 12. I love my system! The HTR-5890 is full-featured and has the cleanest power Best Buy can offer. The emotion I feel when listening to this particular configuration is far greater than any I have felt with my three previous audio systems. Until I purchased this setup, I often had a serious case of "upgraditis." I was rarely satisfied with the system I had. I just wanted to let you know that this purchase meets all my needs and for once, I feel completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Nicholas