Cant get my 4.1 to work

Runned

I just built a new system. Athlon 1.333 thunderbird, for my soundcard i bought a soundblaster live 5.1 value. I installed the drivers. and its recognizing my sound card, but when i go to play anything music or files,. all i get is a low his distorted sound. I can hear the music but its horrible distorted and low volume. I just pulled these speakers out of the box brand new so it shouldnt be that. Any help is appreciated thanks

Do you have the same problem with another set of speakers hooked up? If not, then it's the Klipsch's. If so, then it's your computer/ sound card. Double check all your settings and connections. Also make sure you don't have the digital out enabled on the sound card. If that isn't it try VIA Hardware http://www.viahardware.com. Either browsing the KT7 FAQ or posting on their forums might get you pointed in the right direction.

Another thing you might check is that your sound card is not sharing an IRQ. Now days ACPI compliant motherboards will put more than one device per IRQ. When I first fired up the AMD system I built the video, sound and network cards were all sharing the same IRQ. This had some interesting results. Also some people say not to install Creative's Liveware, only install the sound card drivers.

Good Luck,

The_Shark