Where to buy quintet satellites?

Spectral

I'm interested in getting a pair of quintet satellites for use as surrounds in a home theater. I already have other gear to use for the front and center speakers, and I don't really need a great setup. Is there anywhere I can buy just the pair of speakers? I've only found the entire 5-speaker package online.

If that doesn't work, does anyone have suggestions for a similarly-priced pair of small surrounds?

Thanks a lot.

Guest Anonymous

Ebay is the only place I am aware of for buying pairs in lieu of the 5 piece system.

What is your L-C-R set up? The Quintents were better than nothing for my system, but I found them to be way out of place with my original Heresy/KSC-C1/Heresy front stage system. I quickly sold my quintents and moved to the SS-1 and now I have the RS-3.

Again, the Quintet may or may not be a good match for your system? It depends on what you have for L-C-R.

Thanks,

I'm using an old Kenwood bookshelf system for the front L/R; not sure about the center yet. The Kenwood actually sounds alright; it's about 10-15 years old now. It is not exactly the last word in imaging, but the sound is pleasingly full. I have a few pieces of different systems floating around which I can try for a center, although the room is small enough that it may not really be necessary (don't know yet, haven't tried). This isn't a high-budget project; I'm basically just goofing around.

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like the Quintets might work for you then, should be able to find a pair for around $100. Also, look in to the recently discontinued Klipsch Synergy SB-1 and SB-2. I picked up a pair for my son for around $100. For the money, an excellent choice.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/3/2005 12:57:27 PM Spectral wrote:

Max,

Thanks; unfortunately I'm looking for a pair in white. They seem to be tough to find.
----------------

They are tougher to find. Worse comes to worse, 2 coats of a good quality spray paint job would work also. I wouldn't do it on $500 speakers, but for a $75-$100 pair of Quintets, why not?