Input Power

krinpit

Good day to all of you,

I am writing from Gibraltar, Europe. I am planning to buy the ifi through a friend from US, but needed some more information regarding the input power options. The standard product seems to come with a 120KV input whereas the region that i live in works on 240KV.

Does anyone have any information if there are any compatible voltage converters out there that will serve my purpose?

Thanks

K

----------------

On 8/22/2005 4:30:24 AM krinpit wrote:

Good day to all of you,

I am writing from Gibraltar, Europe. I am planning to buy the ifi through a friend from US, but needed some more information regarding the input power options. The standard product seems to come with a 120KV input whereas the region that i live in works on 240KV.

Does anyone have any information if there are any compatible voltage converters out there that will serve my purpose?

----------------

The iFi uses a 120 volt 2 amp fuse (240 watts). Take a look at http://www.dvdoverseas.com/store/index.html?catalog91_0.html

DVD Overseas Electronics sell 100 watt to 3000 watt voltage 220V <-> 110V converters.

BTW you use 240V not 240KV (240,000 v) otherwise electrical substations are rather bulky to ship. 2.gif

• Moderators

We are close to releasing a 230v version, if all testing and certification goes well. I'd highly recommend waiting for the iFi to arrive in your area.

We would not honor a warranty if the 120v version is used with a voltage converter.

Thanks Amy for the information. Can you provide me with any tentative time lines for availability in this part of the world?

Most of the electronic gadgets are coming up with worldwide models that support 120-240 v range -- are there any plans for ifi in the near future?

K

Amy how about Australia? And are they gonna be selling through Apple outlets or Klipsch Dealers? I wanted to get a friend to send me one from Canada too, but postage is costing a much as the IFI itself and i heard from someone too that it won't be too long for the IFI to come here. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

Auto-sensing or universal power supplies that can handle any AC input voltage from 100 - 240 volts are commonly used on low wattage devices like the power supply for your laptop computer. To build one for a high power device such as the iFi system is very expensive. As we look at sales projections worldwide, we have to decide whether to add cost to all the 120v units we expect to sell in order to make it easier (universal) for other voltage versions. In the case of the iFi, other aspects of the system must also be changed market by market. This includes the frequency of the RF remote, the AC cord and safety approvals.

• 3 weeks later...