Sub Interfere with MIT TV

bcmiller

I made a mistake in my design of my entertainment system by placing my 12" klipsch SUB (RW12) directly underneath my MIT TV.. I probably have about 1" piece of wood separating the two. Is their anything I can do to cut down on the interfere? so someone was telling me to buy http://www.lessemf.com/mag-shld.html

Will that cut down on the interence, I cannot move the sub.. It is designed into the built-in entertainment system.

Call or email Klipsch, and ask them how large of a bucking magnet you will need, and if they can provide one to you.

Epoxy to the rear of the woofer magnet, in the correct orientation ( will try and repel each other when placed back to back ). You will need a 5-minute wpoxy kit, can usually find them at hardware / automotive stores. Clamp and leave the epoxy set up.

Bucking Magnet is the way to go for a driver as large as a woofer... here is an example of some ferrite bucking magnets:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&DID=7&CAT_ID=41&ObjectGroup_ID=571&SO=2

but you do need to remove the woofer from your subwoofer enclosure to glue it in. Try Klipsch tech support (1-800-KLIPSCH) like mike suggested and see if they have any recommendations. Otherwise pop open the unit, measure the rear of the magnet (backing plate) and buy the one which is closest in size.

Rob