what would you do?

rich0372

Hey all,

I'm tring to figure out what to do right now I have a pioneer elite 43tx and a cinenova grande 3 300x3 for the front 3 speakers this has been a slow process to seperates I have that upgrade bug and can go two ways I could get another amp for the 3 surround speakers and then get a processer next year or so OR just replace my reciever with a better one My budget is around $2000 right now I don't know if $2000 for a reciever would give a significant upgrade over my current reciever so I am leaning towards the amp now option

I am looking for upgradability & the best sound quailty I can afford. Which way would some of you go and can you please recommend the products you would use. My speakers are Klipsch klf 30s 20s and 2 clfc7s 6.1 set up I also do 50/50 movies music Thanks Rich

Processors and receivers are due to go obsolete with the advent of HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray DVD. There will be new surround formats for these DVDs. Therefore, amplification for the FOUR rear speakers would be a good idea. (You never know when you might want to add a second surround back speaker in the future.)

There is always a debate about the "best" amplification options. The Reference speakers do not have the same sensitivity as Heritage speakers. Their impedance curves also tend to be more demanding due to the two woofers being run in parallel.

Movies need robust amplification. Any added amp should be measured against the sound quality that your current amp produces. Surrounds are reputed to need less power. When I added serious amplification to my surrounds and changed to 12 awg zip cord for speaker wire, the surround sound quality changed dramatically.

Bill