RF-3 vs. RF-3 II & which receiver?

sparky06

This has been stated many times but in Yamaha defense high end pieces seem to do well where the cheaper recievers have a tendancy to some to sound bright when matched with klipsch products.

That being said, new equipment like NAD, Marantz, Rotel and Denon seem to have somewhat of a warmer signal. No matter what, you need to make the determination on your own. Just because some may think one way ( including me ) or another let your ears guide you.

I am not positive between the RF3 and RF3II. I am sure others will chime in with the particulars.

Welcome to the forum[:)]

One thing that was changed between the RF3, and the RF3II, was the way the port tube was secured. Apparently, some owners dislodged the port tube in the RF3, using it as a handle to pick it up.

This was changed, and the "II" has the revision. Aside from that and the change to Monster internal wire, I am unaware of any other changes.

Sparky,

As others have said- Yamaha higher end receivers give you excellent bang for your buck!

Look at the RX-V 757 or RX-V 657. The B/B version of this is the HTR 5760.

Also as others have stated: Monster cable inside. {This marketing ideas was dropped like

a hot potato soon after they tried it.........cost to much, and didn't offer great improvement!}

Here, there's RF3's up front with a RC3 centre channel and 2 RS3's for

rear (with an Axiom centre channel filling the rear centre) all driven

by a Yamaha RX 1300 for 2 1\2 years now. The relief concerts the

other night sounded amazing. The Yammie has proven to be

dependable and does everything I want it to do. Good luck in your

choice. Hamish

Hi,

Yea...the only differences that I've ever heard of where both the monster wire and the port ...

I picked up a very nice used set of RF-3's about a month ago and I really enjoy the sound quality... I'm currently using these for Rears in my Home Theater Setup and they work great... They are also great when it comes to 4 or 5 channel Music...

I have a Yamaha RXV793, RXV1300 and a Harman Kardon AVR7300 ... I hooked the All Klipsch setup to the RXV1300 for a while and really enjoyed the sound quality... I've always been a fan of Yamaha products... After I picked up the HK AVR7300, I then used this receiver to power the all Klipsch setup and I did notice a vast improvement. BUT... this wasn't a fair comparison...

The Harman Kardon 7300 is an almost perfect match for my Reference setup...at least to my ears...

However, I do feel that the mid level Yamaha Receivers and the mid level Harmon Kardon recievers are GREAT BANK FOR THE BUCK receivers, that sound great... The Harmon Kardon AVR635 might even been your best option...

You should be happy with either, especially when using the RF-3 speakers...

-TIM

• 4 weeks later...