F.S Grason Stadler 162k (McIntosh mc40)

fairchild260

i hope its ok to post this here and if not the moderator can delete the thread.

i have up for sale a grason stadler 162k amplifier.the 162k was built by mcintosh for grason stadler under contract to be used with their hearing test equiptment back in the 60's.heres some info and for the most part all the info i found on the net" The Grason-Stadler 162K is a specially modified McIntosh MC-40 amplifier that was designed to be used as a studio monitor in conjunction with the Grason-Stadler 162 "Speech Audiometer" speech and hearing analyzer. Electronically the Grason-Stadler amplifier is the same as the McIntosh amplifier with the addition of a VU meter connection, VU meter adjustment control, and an attenuater circuit between the input and first 12AX7 preamplifier tube.

this amp would be a great item to have for those that collect rare mcintosh gear or anyone who wishes even to use it and convert it back to a straight mc40 which is easily done.i have taken some pics and more are available upon request if you want.the amp has as few scrapes here and there but overall its in very good condition especially the chrome.the amp is fully functional and although no tubes are shown in the pictures it'll come with some swetlana winged emblem 6l6gc's and the small signal tubes.any questions can be sent to me by private message or email.thanks for looking.

chris

post-16225-13819271373326_thumb.jpg