In-Wall Surge Protector

boa12

anybody know of an in-wall (plugs in directly - no power cord of it's own) surge protector/noise filter for under $100 that has ALL of the following?

-at least 4 outlets but preferably 6

-connections for cable tv f-pin cables

-good protection of like at least 1000 or so joules

-some noise filtering/line conditioning

thanks cwm20.gif

This message has been edited by boa12 on 09-27-2001 at 08:54 PM

Boa12,

Don't bother, most of them are junk. I have been selling power protetction stuff to the computer industry for the past 12 years. From small stuff to total building power protection equipment. Go to the following link and check out the Islatrol Plus Active Tracking Filter System. Line cord models start with LRIC+, 2.5 to 15 amps etc.

www.control-concepts.com

Trust me, You will not find anything better.

Ben

BB, what's the best and fastest way to buy one of these units, and what's the approximate cost of one of them?

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Chris,

Call 1-800-288-6169. They are in Binghamton NY. Ask to talk to someone in sales and they will give the closest dealer/electrical wholesaler in your area.

If you have trouble, let me know and I will call them myself.

Chris, If you are really into good power filtration/surge protection, you will not be disappointed with the C.C. Active Tracking Filter System.

An example of this is that I have a customer that has four 100 amp 3 phase units that have been in service for about a year and a half. These units have transient/surge counters on them and they have recorded over 1.6 million surges each with no problems. This is an extreme case but only goes to show how good the product is.

Ben