position lateral to listening area?

mrod

There should be no problems as lons as the mains are linear down to 60Hz or below,this way you preset the crossover point at this frequency or even at 40Hz.This will make the subwoofer NON detectable and non directional.

And the subwoofer can be placed in the best ACOUSTICAL spot in the room,or in lesser spots,not calling attention to itself(say you match the phase and output correctly).

You should be fine, but I still find it distracting, even with super low crossover points. Though there are others who don't have a problem with it at all. To help balance out the sound you might consider a second identical subwoofer in the symmetrical location on the other side of the room.

Thanks guys!

The only problem is that my old SW12 II has wires run to it first. Then from the sub to the speakers. I would have to run long wires to place the sub lateral to listening position then back to speakers up front. Also, I plan to buy one of the lower end HK, provided it can drive smaller floorstanding speakers, and use my old bookshelf Infinities in the rear. Can a lower end HK AVR135 drive polk monitor 50 or comparable Klipsch? I will run wires to sub then what? There are now four speakers. The sub has only two out wire connectors, which go to my two old Infinities. One could say the HK has sub out. Run one wire to sub. However, my sub has regular wire connectors and one set RCA inputs and one set RCA outputs. My old Onkyo does not have sub out. Does sub out go to RCA connectors? I think it is one connection on the back of sub not two RCA right? How can I set this up?

Thanks