Poll: Would you buy a NEW Heritage center channel?

MrMcGoo

?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>No, I listen only to 2 channel music.Yes, I will buy a new center channel suitable to go over or under a TV and buy new Heritage speakers as well.Yes, I would buy a new center channel to go with used Heritage speakers.No, I would use a different line of speakers for my multi-channel listeneing.No, I will use a full size Heritage speaker as a center channel.

One possible reason that the Heritage line has such reduced sales is the fact that a center channel is unavailable new. Klipsch responded with the Academy, only to drop the speaker. A newer and better center channel(s) may help revitalize the Heritage line and get dealers to display them again.

IMO, there is a mind set in the retailers that home theater is where the serious speaker sales are at. Lack of a viable center channel is a deal breaker.

On the other hand, newer TV displays are getting smaller. Hence ther is a trend to smaller speakers. Klipsch has many smaller home theater speakers to respond to this trend. Heritage speakers may be so big that buyers will not be interested in them for home theaters.

This poll could have been placed in home theater, but the targhet market for a Heritage center channel IMO is with two channel hard cores.

Bill